Welfare Reform - Benefit Cap changes from 7th November
- From 07 Nov 16 the new Benefit Cap rates will come in to force.
- The DWP have sent out letters to all those identified as being affected by the new Benefit Cap which should have been received in May with a further letter in September.
- If you are a couple, or have children, and the total amount of your benefits is over £20,000 per year then you may be affected by the Benefit Cap. If you are single without children this amount is lowered to £13,400.
- If you suspect that the Benefit Cap may affect you, or you have received the DWP letters informing you of this, please contact Ochil View’s Tenancy Sustainment Team and we can provide assistance and information relating to this.
Ochil View Housing Association
- owns almost 1400 homes
- has an annual turnover of £5m
- each year, invests around £2.5m in the local maintenance and construction industry
- employs 26 staff and is a Gold Award Investor in People